The idea here is how to move your CI/CD environment from one environment to another, for instance from presales to delivery.
Developer Cloud Service (DevCS) is an CI/CD environment included at no extra cost in your Pass subcription providing git repo, maven repo, wiki, build automation (Hudson/Jenkins), deployment automation, webhooks, issues-agile-scrum-camban dashboard, merges, …
What you need
- A destination cloud (Oracle) domain
- An Object Storage Container either in the origin domain or in the destination one
Origin DevCS (Export)
- Go to import/export in the origin DevCS
- Configure connection to an Storage Container either in origin or in destination and click [Connect] button
- Configure export job section after successful connection, click [Export] button and accept popup confirmation dialog
- After successful export you can see result in History tab section
Destination DevCS (Import)
- Create a new project in destination DevCS. This is very important step!!!!
- Select the new create project, go to the Export/Import section and create a connection as in the first step of the previous section
- Click [Connect]
- Configure Import Job
- Click [Import]
- Accept the confirmation dialog and double check you are importing in the correct project because all the information will be overwrite*
(*) Just in case you make a mistake and you import over an existing non empty project (as it happened to me), click on cancel as soon as posible!!, hopefully the import job will be rolled back and your original project wont be damaged.
Me and my circumstance