Service Connector Hub is a cloud message bus platform that offers a single pane of glass for describing, executing, and monitoring movement of data between services in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Days ago a follower of this blog asked in this post about how to know the user that performed an start/stop action in a compute instance.
The point is that events service is not sending the user in the notification as you can see here:
- Go to Create a notification topic on Application Integration->Notifications if you don’t have topics already
- Go again to main menu, select Service Connector Hub and then Click on [Create Service Connector] button
2. Give a name and description for the service connector. In source select Logging, in logs group select _audit, in filters select event type, compute and events compute-action begin and compute-action end.
3. Click the button to create the policy proposed
4. Perform a stop/start action in one instance and wait for the notification to come.
5. As you can see, several identity information is provided including the user who performed the action.
That’s all, hope it helps! 🙂